Tuesday 4 October 2011

Reflection to the mock

The mock i had recently about 'The most pivotal year of my generation' (Summer Riots) went really well. Firstly because the topic i was given was something that i was already intrested in and also something that happened recently for me to see with my own two eyes. The thing that went well with this was that during my research i was able to discuss my own experience of this and what i thought about it since it was an event that mainly involed teenagers, so therefore the research and writing a formal presentation was enjoyable for me since i already had a keen interest in the summer riots.
3 things that helped me with this mock:
1) Twitter - The fact that we use twitter for Media Studies, it actually helped me with my research on the summer riots since i started searching for more information through this and helped me have something different through e media rather than just looking at a website.
2) The sheet of paper that was given to us at the begining of the mock, because this had guidlines of what we should, and should not do.
3) General discussions about the summer riots with friends helped me a lot as it gave me a over view of what different people thought about the riots.
Even better if: The mock could have gone better if i took my research from a more wider prospective. for example rather than looking for news articles on the internet, i should have tried to gather a photomontage from newspapers of the riots, or atleast something the connotes the riots.

No comments:

Post a Comment