Wednesday 5 October 2011

My Critical Investigation Idea

3 possible investigation options:

1) Does sports have a positive or negative impact on society. This interested me because sports such as football is something that i have loved from a young age. Therefore i will be able to talk about this from my own knowledge as well as my research that i do.

2) The impact that grime music has on me as a teenager. This interested me because music plays a big part in my life, whatever i'm doing i'll be listening to music since it motivates etc. For example if i am doing homework i'll be listening to grime music at the same time.

3) Whether shows like X Factor and Britain's Got Talent actually gives people the chance to chase their dream or does is does in reality just break their dreams. This interested me because shows like these is something that nearly everybody watches from each class for entertainment purposes. Therefore because nearly everyone from each class watches these show i'll be able to discuss the issue from a wide range of beliefs.

Initial idea's for my critical investigation & Linked production:


An investigation into the impact and affect that grime music has on teenagers and how the media portrays these artist of being

1) The topic that is going to be investigated in my coursework is about UK grime music and the affects it has on teenagers now days and how these artist influence and have an impact on teenagers. However i am only goin to be looking atcertain artist that have made it big in the music industry and how they are now then how they were before when they were underground. i can use textual examples such as sbtv etc.

2) A rough idea for now for my linked production piece could be me designing a poster or posters of some sort explaining how teenagers have been infulenced by these UK grime artist and the sort of things they are doing to be successful like some of the artist. And also possibly another poster showing how certain artist have grown over the years to come to where they are now. Furthermore i could add videos, pictures, questionaires etc on the side of my linked production piece.

3) Media text: Get articles from magazines/Newspapers that these UK grime artist to see how they're portrayed. Also What type of stuff these artist post on facebook and twitter (Blogs). Lastly how UK grime artist are shown on television or Youtube (Their music videos) and also on interviews such as the MOBO awards which happened recently.

4) (MIGRIAN done in book, i will copy it when iv finished it)

5)

No comments:

Post a Comment