Sunday 4 December 2011

Intentions Statement

My linked production will be a 4 paged production piece focused on print. I intend to create 2 flyers and an album cover (front and back). My album cover will be split in half with two different pictures of the same person allowing the viewers to see and understand the split personality of a teenager that listens to UK grime. Then the 2 flyers will demonstrate and explain how UK grime has both negative and positive influence upon teenagers because of the things they do.

My linked production piece for my album cover will conform to the codes and conventions of any normal album cover, however it will mainly focus on the design, layout and meaning from artist T.I’s album cover “T.I vs. T.I.P”. Therefore the left side of the album will be of a teenager who listens to grime wearing a suit inside a library connoting how UK grime doesn’t affect teens, and they still can behave in a positive way. Moreover the right side of the album will be the opposite and will be of a teenager who also listens to grime however wearing typical teenage clothes (Jeans, Hoodie, Hat and Jewellery) with a fence and rubbish bins in the background connoting how UK grime does affect teens in a negative way. Therefore the narrative of the album cover will be subvert and support my critical investigation since in my research I looked into both.

For my 2 flyers I will need two main characters (1 for each) because one flyer is going to subvert my critical investigation and support the right side of my album cover by showing how UK grime music affects teenagers in a negative way. Therefore I am going to create my flyer based upon a UK rave that is being organized by underground artist. This means the main image should be of a typical underground artist which I will create myself, and also all the writing in my flyer should be very unprofessional showing the underground side of UK grime.
Furthermore the second leaflet is going to support my critical investigation by maintaining the left side of my album by showing reasons how UK grime has a positive influence on teens. The content of this leaflet will be promoting a mainstream music event to show the sort of things mainstream artist do that wouldn’t influence teens into doing anything bad. A music event/concert is something every famous artist do
 

1 comment:

  1. Is this updated?

    I need to see your most recent idea please?

    ReplyDelete